Friday, September 9, 2011

I am....

...David Bethune. I moved to San Jose in January of this year, with the intention of giving myself and my children a better life, and as well as being closer to Michelle. I have gained a better understanding of love, God, and myself, as a man, father, and friend.

This is my first year at SJCC. I am going to college for my bachelors degree in business. I retired from the US Air Force 5 years ago. I have four children, two in middle school, and two in daycare/preschool. I am in the midst of an ugly custody battle so that also takes up a lot of time. But, I am undaunted, and very determined to receive my degree as soon as humanly possible. I am currently taking 14 credits and next year I plan on taking at least 5 classes.

I love to write. I have a need to express my experiences as a means of therapy. I have gone through a lot of challenges over the last few years. Specifically my divorce, custody battle, and at times, my time spent in a war zone. I have also developed into a poet of sorts. And that has come from a once in a life time re-encounter with my girlfriend from 1985. The story itself is quite remarkable. The feelings that I gained from her has helped me to open up new avenues of expression and love. Her name is Michelle, and other than my children, she is the love of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I read this introduction about yourself with keen interest, and from this short yet profound writing of yours, I seem to have learned that you are indeed a tough person especially since you have gone through a tremendous number of problems. Divorce is not an easy thing, and even though I haven't been into that situation, I still can imagine how ugly it could sometimes be as I have seen its raw consequences from some close friends of mine as well as other people who through the same situation. But I think divorce is sometimes a natural thing that bond to happen. However, the lessons we attain from its pain is what beautifies our lives later on. Another equally impressive element is your determination to fulfill your educational wishes even though you're a father of four children. To possess a self determination, I believe, is a gift that most people don't even realize, and you appear to have this gift with you as it's what is driving you in tackling lots of problems with easy. In any case, best of luck mate!

    ReplyDelete